Happy Birthday Ms. Steinem
I had the great pleasure of meeting Gloria Steinem briefly when she was in Nashville in 2009.
Here are some of my live Tweets from her speech five years ago at the Tennessee Economic Summit for Women.
- “Our job is not to make young women grateful for what has happened before them but to make them recognize change is still necessary.” GS 1:07 PM Oct 19th
- GS recommends the film “The High Cost of Low Prices” and is discussing WalMart …….1:03 PM Oct 19th
- “When we democratize our families we are performing an act of revolution. Women are becoming the men they want to marry.” -GS 12:56 PM Oct 19th
- “The country is escaping it’s own type of family violence & we are in the most danger during that escape. We need the help each other’s awareness.” – GS. 12:52 PM Oct 19th
- It is time to attribute appropriate value to the work being done in the care-giving sector – GS 10:45 PM Oct 19th
- Nationally parking lot attendants make more than child care providers..12:41 PM Oct 19th
- Pink collar ghetto .. Jobs that can’t be outsourced …12:36 PM Oct 19th
- My table seemed amazed to find out that GS is 75 years old12:35 PM Oct 19th
- “We need to live the un-lived lives of our mothers.” -GSteinem 12:28 PM Oct 19th